Monday, September 12, 2011

Home sweet home

my wonderful homestay family...the Skorić's
Boško, Nikica, Milka, Jasminka, and Dunja

I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with the saying, "home is where the heart is." When entering the bridge year program, I knew that I would have to live with a native family and adapt to their lifestyle to fully immerse myself in the country's culture; but, I never thought that I would be able to call the house of my homestay family home knowing that my heart is with my family in the States. Yet, I find myself settling in so well with my homestay family and relating to them as if they were my parents and siblings. Honestly, they basically are becoming a part of my real family and I wouldn't want it any other way. I was nervous about the whole homestay family sitchiation, but the Skorić's have made it clear through their actions and their words that I was being a worrying willy for nothing. They make me so delighted to be in Serbia, and I anticipate that we will be making many wonderful memories together for these next four months.





Who knew that unpacking would make all the difference..? It genuinely feels like home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers